Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things I did during the school break...

I had been looking forward to a relaxing 2-week break (from 28/5 to 12/6), but a few days before the holidays started, I received news that my transfer application was approved. Much as I was excited to be finally back in my hometown Ipoh, I received the news with an equal amount of apprehension. Not expecting to get the transfer so soon, I still had many unfinished tasks in school, not to mention the plans I had for my students after the holidays. Now, it seemed that I had to make fresh plans.

The top priority in my to-do list was to finish my tasks in school within the two schooldays left. If I couldn't manage that, I had a maximum of 2 weeks to settle everything before school reopens and I am officially reporting in my new school. That was what I did, and I was relieved that all my paperwork had been cleared, together with the contents on my teacher's desk, and the mid-year exam papers were marked, and the marks entered into the system.

The next on my to-do list, but no least important, was the problem of moving house. Having stayed in the teachers' quarters for 7 years, I had accumulated quite a number of things in my house, the largest collection being of books -- novels, magazines and school-related workbooks. As if packing all these was not enough, I had to bring them all down from the 4th floor! Luckily, I had one month grace period to clear up the unit, which meant that I could come back on weekends and move my things out slowly. Seeing that I'm doing this with only my car, I reckon it would take at least 4 trips to complete the task. So far, I've done 2 trips, and am planning to do a third trip this weekend.

In the meantime, I've decided to give myself a break and do a bit of backpack travelling cum shopping trip to KL, which was what I had planned before I got the transfer news. I refused to let this new development in my career path interrupt my holiday plans, so I still managed to squeeze in a 3 days 2 nights trip to KL. Yesterday was pretty much uneventful -- just some window shopping in One Utama. Today, I planned to go up the Petronas Twin Towers Skybridge and explore Batu Caves, but after queuing up for an hour to buy a ticket up the tower and finally getting a slot at 2pm, I have to push the Batu Caves visit until tomorrow morning. But no worries, I'm here to relax right? I just have to rearrange my itinerary. So I'll just spend my day in KLCC today, and after the skybridge visit, probably head over to Mid Valley Megamall for more shopping, then call it a day.

Tomorrow's plans? Batu Caves in the morning, and One Utama again in the afternoon and evening. There's just not enough time to go all round the biggest shopping mall in Malaysia in just one day! Then, it's back to Ipoh at night, and back to moving my stuff over the weekend, and getting myself mentally and physically prepared for a new and exciting start in my new school. SMK Buntong, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment