Sunday, November 24, 2013

I'm Back!!

It seems like ages since I've updated this blog... in fact, the last entry was in January last year, during the Chinese New Year season. In about two months' time, it will be January 2014 and we are going to celebrate Chinese New Year again! So, it's been almost 2 years... Time really flies!

Well, what actually happened was that soon after I got my transfer to SMK Buntong (yes, back to Ipoh!) in June 2011, my application to pursue my Master's Degree in Education was accepted. So, for the next 2 years and a half, I became a part-time student. I still taught in school from Monday to Friday, then I would rush off to my university (which was a 2-hour drive from Ipoh) to attend lectures held between Friday afternoons to Saturday afternoons. And what does this all mean? Definitely more hectic days in a week for me!

Of course, I knew what I was getting into when I enrolled into the programme, but I liked the idea of becoming a student again -- learning new things, accepting new challenges -- something to spice up my life a little bit! And boy, did I get a whole lot of spice! Now, instead of having some time to wind down at night after a busy day in school, I would spend hours researching online and typing out assignments or meeting datelines for presentations. Nevertheless, I gained quite a lot from that experience. I made lots of new friends, discovered that I was actually quite good at multi-tasking, honed my skills at working under pressure, and... oh yes, discovered my passion for tea and black coffee! Nothing like a strong cuppa to keep the sleepy bugs away eh? What with joining church activities on Sundays as well, my whole week was practically gone, just like that. I must admit, I felt really tired at times, but I have actually enjoyed the adrenaline rush. More than anything else, it taught me to prioritise and be more time-efficient.

As of now, I have sent in my project paper draft, and am waiting for my supervisor's approval, before submitting it to my faculty for a review. If all goes well, I will complete my course in December, and have my graduation ceremony next year. It's been really a humbling and exciting journey, which I will not trade for anything else in the world, but I'm also looking forward to get back to a life which gives me more time to relax and do the things I enjoy... like reading and travelling! And hopefully, with the extra knowledge that I have gained, I will be able to give back to my students. We'll see about that next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment