Sunday, May 2, 2010

Music for the Soul

It's amazing what a little music can do to lift our moods, especially if it's our favourite song that we're listening to. For me, it's "Truly Madly Deeply" from Savage Garden. Too bad they're not singing anymore... Anyway, it has been a while since I have heard this song. Two days ago, I decided to play it through my computer, and I can't tell you how exhilarated I felt after that. I played it over and over again, and it felt so good! I sang on top of my voice (thank God I live alone) and even danced a little, which is something I seldom do.

Working life is, needless to say, stressful. This is especially true if one has to deal with energetic teenagers who have short attention spans and most likely see school as a prison for innocent adolescents. Yes, teaching life is only fun on Teacher's Day! That's about the only day when teachers are treated like kings and queens... That's why it's so important that I need to de-stress myself every day, and listening to music is one way.

I'm going to collect as many nice songs as possible and put them all in one folder on my laptop, so I can access them easily when I need to. In fact, I'm even thinking of buying an MP3 player soon so I can bring my songs along wherever I go! Isn't that great?

I hope everyone can find their source of joy and use it as food for their souls, as we plod on day to day in this busy world. When life puts us down, we've got to find a way to lift ourselves up again! Cheers to life...

No comments:

Post a Comment